As the largest tourism industry employer in the Illinois Valley, Starved Rock Lodge is always looking for great people to help us make our guests’ stay the best it can possibly be.
Starved Rock Lodge has a variety of great career opportunities available in every facet of the hospitality industry for individuals who are friendly, hard-working, energetic, and dedicated. We are a full-service hotel and banquet facility with a cafe, gift shop, restaurant, concessions and lounge on property. Since we are a four-season resort, we offer full-time, seasonal and part-time employment. Whether you are looking for an entry-level hospitality job or simply want to enhance your professional skills, remember that there are always great opportunities just waiting for you at Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center.
Employment Application Information
If you are a team player and want to share in our dedication to providing exceptional service, while at the same time enjoying the beauty and tranquility of the park environment, please review our current openings. We are always accepting applications and review those applications on an ongoing basis. We will contact you if you are a candidate for any of our available jobs. Please contact us to inquire on available opportunities. Starved Rock Lodge is an equal opportunity employer and supports a drug-free workplace.
With these these options, you can download, print, & mail, fax, or bring by your application.
Mail Completed Applications to:
Human Resources at Starved Rock Lodge
Route 178 & Route 71
PO Box 570
Utica, IL 61373
FAX Completed Applications to:
Attention: Amy Strawn 815-220-7345
Director of Front Desk Operations
Director of Front Desk Operations
Starved Rock Lodge is now hiring an experienced manager to oversee the overall operations of our front desk. We are a full-service hotel and conference center with 90 hotel rooms and cabins. Qualified candidates must have a strong knowledge of front desk operations, demonstrated success in building strong teams, strong verbal and written communication skills and an understanding of the application of computer technology to hotel operations.
**Below is a list of some responsibilities, this is not intended to be an all inclusive list of responsibilities.
Ensure that quality and efficiency standards and processes are applied to front desk operations.
Monitor front desk operations manual and staff training. Seek continuous improvement in operations.
Administer the reservation and telephone systems and ensure staff is trained in their use.
Schedule staff for all shifts.
Receive reports from the Night Auditor on number of rooms sold and input that information into front-desk spreadsheet. Prepare reports on rooms sold by month, historical room reports, rooms sold for leisure travel vs. group sales and any other requested reports.
Prepare room forecasts, including graphical reports, for use by various members of management (President, GM, department managers).
Prepare annual budget for room revenue, expenses and payroll. Hold self and staff accountable for attainment of budgets and control of expenses.
Develop and implement plans for responsible utilization of all supplies and resources, including natural resources.
Work with Marketing and Operations Managers for website and social media sales, promotions, constant contacts, etc.
Work with Marketing and Activities Directors to create and implement hotel packages that are creative and economically beneficial to the organization.
Meet with other department managers to find ways of improving the guest experience and increasing hotel revenue and room stays.
Supervise the night audit process and verify that all data processed through the End of Day procedure is accurate.
Monitor 3rd party booking process. Research and make improvements and adjustments as needed.
401k with company match
Paid Vacations / Holidays
Health care package
2 years experience in managing a mid-sized hotel front desk operation
Strong customer service and communication skills
Knowledge of legal requirements, including HR and Safety
Experience with property management systems
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays
Digital Media Coordinator
We are now hiring a Digital Media Coordinator. We are a full-service hotel and conference center with 100 hotel rooms, 6 meeting rooms, and multiple retail and food outlets. Individual will establish, update, monitor, and respond to relevant social media and networking outlets for all departments at Starved Rock Lodge and Conference Center. Working with leadership, evaluate and implement new, innovative strategies geared toward improving sales and enhancing profitability, as well as offering customers a positive experience. Qualified candidates must have previous commercial marketing and social media experience. This is a year round part-time position that allows for flexible scheduling and the potential of growing into a full-time career. Responsibilities: (The below responsibilities reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility)
• Maintain Starved Rock’s presence on social networking sites and make recommendations for expansion to Director of Operations and Marketing Director.
• Create and submit compelling content to social networking sites using all available media options, including blogs, photography and video.
• Ensure that Starved Rock’s social networking activity maintains high quality standards and is in line with our overall marketing program.
• Monitor and respond to customer comments on third party websites.
• Create partnerships with department managers to develop and maintain their social network presence that promotes events and activities for Lodge properties.
• Monitor digital marketing of special events and activities in progress and make recommendations to management to enhance business outcomes..
• Aid in the monitoring of Starved Rock’s presence on other websites to ensure the content and look are consistent with Starved Rock’s overall marketing plan. Ensure that this presence is maximized and fully integrated across sites.
• Make changes and improvements to Starved Rock Lodge website.
• Responsible for timely updates and alterations to Starved Rock’s social media presence and content as directed by management.
• Ensures that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and design.
• Participate in efforts to improve quality of websites and other digital publications.
• Ensure that all events and activities held at Starved Rock Lodge and Conference Center are appropriately marketed thru available social networking sites.
• Research online advertising opportunities and make recommendations to the Director of Operations and Marketing Director.
• Understanding of the application of computer technology to marketing operations
• Associates Degree or Certification in Marketing, Business, Social Media or related field
• Demonstrated success in teambuilding, interpersonal communications and customer service
• People-oriented, with an upbeat and positive attitude
• Demonstrated high level of organization and time management
• Demonstrated high level of creativity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of social networking sites
• Communications or Marketing knowledge
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Assist the Food and Beverage Managers with maintaining a customer service-driven Main Dining Room (MDR) and Back Door Lounge (BDL) operation. In connection with and in the absence of Food and Beverage Managers, lead, motivate and inspire employees to deliver consistent high quality of product and service, as articulated in the Lodge mission statement. Support an environment of continuous improvement in service quality by improving processes, scheduling appropriate staff levels, and encouraging communication between main dining room, kitchen, bar, sales and banquet departments. Handle multifaceted customer related tasks, strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change, works independently and with others with a “can do” attitude. Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality and always exceeding expectations. Provide timely, courteous and knowledgeable response to customer requests. Maintains levels of excellence in work volume, accuracy and quality; ability to learn and master new concepts; positive work ethic; and commitment to providing unsurpassed service. Establish and maintain strong relationships to gain support and achieve results.
Expert knowledge of liquor, beer, wine and food, as well as lounge/bar operations.
Thorough understanding of the application of computer technology, including Point of Sale systems.
Hands-on knowledge of the legal requirements for food and beverage operations, including human resources management, safety, hygiene.
Demonstrated success in building strong teams and motivating staff performance.
Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
Demonstrated high level of organization and time management.
Experience as a supervisor or manager, preferably at a resort or banquet facility.
Experience with purchasing supplies and controlling inventory.
Demonstrated success at managing people and delegating responsibility.
Demonstrated leadership skills and work ethic.
Approachable leadership style, team motivator, trainer.
Guest-focused and service-driven.
Strong desire for continued growth and learning.Must have passion for Food & Beverage, be a great communicator, and be able to recognize and develop talent!
We are now hiring customer service oriented individuals for our Housekeeping operation.
Our housekeeping department is responsible for accommodating the needs of all lodge and inn guests through upholding quality cleanliness standards. Primary job duties include cleaning and refreshing lodge and inn guest rooms, maintaining the cleanliness of public areas, laundering of linens and towels, and overall customer service in Housekeeping. Qualified individuals must have time management skills, communication skills and the willingness to please guests.
~ Strong customer service and communication skills
~ Time management skills
~ Knowledge of housekeeping operations helpful
~ Flexibility and willingness to work weekends and holidays
~ Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
~ Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. on a periodic basis