Getting Ready for the New Normal.
May 1, 2020
Although we are not yet open, in the last six weeks we have discussed and worked on ways to protect both our staff and our guests once we are back to business. While it goes completely against our service style there will be changes both short and long term. Some of them won’t be pretty and some won’t be popular. But all are necessary to ensure that we come back from Covid-19 in a better, healthier place.
Below is a list of precautions and measures we will be making once the Lodge is back in Operation.
- Continuing to utilize our Infection Prevention Plan for cleanliness guidelines
- Ensuring that our staff is healthy and washing their hands frequently and wearing gloves
- Following Governor Pritzker’s lead; staff and guests will be asked to wear masks when not able to distance by at least 6 feet
- Plexiglas partitions at our front desk and Trailheads Concession and over counter areas
- Removal of tables and chairs in our dining areas to create automatic social distancing
- Re-configuration of our ingress and egress in multiple outlets to control traffic flow
- Floor stickers to help people remain 6 feet apart
- Housekeeping services only upon check out/ check-in. Guests will be given extra towels and toiletries for multiple night stays but housekeepers will not enter a room during your visit
- Moving toward an “order at the counter” concept on our Veranda to lessen interaction with staff
- Utilizing disposable menus
We hope that some of these changes are not necessary for more than a few months and we hope that our customers will support our “new normal”. We look forward to welcoming you back to the historic Starved Rock Lodge.
Amy and Karl Trimble
Starved Rock Lodge and Conference Center