Starting Friday, November 20th the entire State of Illinois will be moving to Tier 3 Mitigation. While we have no definitive date when this will end we will make changes through November 30, 2020, and then update from there.
For Starved Rock Lodge this means:
- All meetings, events and weddings will be cancelled through November 30.
- All Trolley activities will be cancelled through November 30.
- Hiking excursions will be allowed with a maximum of 10 people.
- Indoor swimming will be allowed with 25% capacity. We will be working on creating a schedule for our guests during their visit.
- Hotel Rooms will be limited to actual capacity and same family members only. If you have more than 4 people in your party I would suggest getting multiple rooms or asking about our Pioneer Family Cabins.
- No indoor dining allowed. Outdoor dining is limited to 6 people of the same party and people should not congregate outdoors.
- No more than 6 people of the same family will be allowed to congregate in areas of the Great Hall. Large family holiday gatherings in the Great Hall will not be permitted.
Unfortunately our tent for outdoor dining has not arrived. We will continue to work on this but with the current situation I am not optimistic that we will be able to find a tent. Carry out is still available at this time. If the weather is nice we will have outdoor dining with a limited menu. Reservations will be necessary so watch the thermometer and plan ahead.
Thanksgiving is moving forward as planned. A carryout dinner including turkey, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie and much more is available for $21 per person plus taxes. This delicious meal will be available for pick up from 11 am to 6 pm on Thanksgiving Day at the Host Stand. Orders need to be made by 5pm on Monday, November 23. Please call 815-220-7321 and let us take the stress out of your Thanksgiving.
Cancellations for rooms, activities and events will be accepted and full refunds will be given. However we are very grateful if you can accept a gift card in lieu of a refund or reschedule your activities. This greatly helps us continue paying our bills and ensures a speedy recovery once the mitigation rules are removed.
We wish you all a safe and healthy holiday.
Amy and Karl Trimble and staff
Starved Rock Lodge and Conference Center