As of December 1, 2020, we remain under Tier 3 Mitigation, as mandated by the Governor of Illinois, JB Pritzker. While we have no definitive date when this will end, we will operate under these guidelines and restrictions until further notice.
For Starved Rock Lodge this means:
- All meetings, events and weddings will be cancelled until Tier 3 mitigations are lifted.
- Trolley activities are running with limited capacity. Call (815) 220-7386 to book.
- Guided hikes will be allowed with a maximum of 10 people.
- Our pool is open. Indoor swimming is allowed with 25% capacity (maximum of 30).
- Hotel Rooms will be limited to actual capacity and same family members only. If you have more than 4 people in your party I would suggest getting multiple rooms or asking about our Pioneer Family Cabins.
- No indoor dining allowed. Outdoor dining is limited to 6 people of the same party and people should not congregate outdoors.
- No more than 6 people of the same family will be allowed to congregate in areas of the Great Hall. Large family holiday gatherings in the Great Hall will not be permitted.
Outdoor dining is available on the Veranda. We do have several pop-up heaters. Carry-out is still available at this time. Call (815) 220-7321 to place an order. If the weather is nice, we will have outdoor dining with a limited menu. Reservations will be necessary so watch the thermometer and plan ahead.
Cancellations for rooms, activities and events will be accepted and full refunds will be given. However, we would be very grateful if you can accept a gift card in lieu of a refund or reschedule your activities. This greatly helps us continue paying our bills and ensures a speedy recovery once the mitigation rules are removed.
We wish you all a safe and healthy holiday.
Amy and Karl Trimble and staff
Starved Rock Lodge and Conference Center