April is just around the corner. Have you taken a vacation day yet this year? Have you been away from your phone or computer screen for more than a few hours lately? You probably need a break. Here are the top 10 reasons why Starved Rock Lodge is the perfect place to relax and get away from it all:
- We’re close to home but worlds away. You don’t have to book a flight, pay for airport parking, endure flight delays or try to pack everything you need into a carry-on bag. Starved Rock is located about 90 minutes from most Chicago suburbs, Bloomington, Rockford and the Quad Cities. If you leave after breakfast, you’ll be here before lunch.
- We offer free parking to our overnight guests which means you’ll be just steps away from the trails which lead to amazing places like Council Overhang as well as waterfalls at French, Wildcat, Ottawa, LaSalle or St. Louis. And, best of all, once you park the car, everything you need is in one place.
- Wildflowers. There are hundreds of wildflowers that bloom each year at Starved Rock. Pick up a field guide at the Bookstore and see how many you can find! Just don’t pick any flowers (park rule).
- An indoor pool complex allows you to relax in the warmth of our 30’x40’ indoor pool. Grown-ups love the hot tub and saunas. Toddlers love the shallow-depth, gated pool.
- You can relax in the Great Hall, on the Veranda or at any of the benches on the property. From the serenity of the West Shelter to the panoramic view on the East end of the Veranda, you’ll find places to reconnect with nature and get away from the computer.
- Free Wi-Fi for all if you can’t or don’t want to completely disconnect from your online world.
- Quality time. Whether you choose to stay here with family or friends, you can to watch a movie, play a board game or just catch up. It’s all about the special time you’ll have creating lasting memories.
- Fun activities are offered by Starved Rock Lodge. You could go on a guided hike or a Waterfall & Canyon Tour. Whether you’re traveling solo or in a group, the trolley is the best way to learn about the rich history of Starved Rock. Call 815-220-7386 or book online at: StarvedRockLodge.com.
- We do the cooking so you don’t have to. Enough said.
- You will get the much-needed break that you deserve. See you soon.