Trolley Tours Available Now
Relax and enjoy one of our various trolley tours! Trolley transportation is included with every tour. It’s the perfect way to learn about the rich history of the Starved Rock area. Reservations are required. Book online or call our Activities Office at (815) 220-7386.
Historic Trolley Tours
We are excited to announce that our Trolley Tours are available again! This will include a 90 minute trolley tour with stops at the Starved Rock State Park Visitors Center, the IL Waterway Visitor Center and through downtown Utica.
- Saturday & Sunday at 12 & 1:30 pm
- Mondays, Wednesday & Fridays 3pm-4:30pm
- In October tours run: Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays and Saturdays at 3pm. Sundays at 12 & 1:30pm.
- $18/adults, $15/seniors, $13/children 10 & under; children 3 and under are free
Waterfall & Canyon Trolley Tours
Experience the fun outdoor adventure at Starved Rock State Park with a guided walk to three spectacular waterfalls and canyons. See spring come to life in French, St. Louis and Ottawa Canyons. This tour includes a hot lunch (special menu) in our restaurant and a relaxing trolley ride. Waterfalls cannot be guaranteed on this tour. Route may change due to trail conditions.
- April & May
- Mondays & Wednesdays at 11am (tour begins with lunch; tour/hike follows from 12-3PM).
- Saturdays at 9am (tour is first followed by lunch in the Main Dining Room at noon)
- Saturdays at 11am (tour begins with lunch; tour/hike follows from 12-3PM)
- $38 per person ($32 for children under 10. Children under 3 Free/lunch not included).
Fall Color Trolley Tours
Experience the spectacular display of fall colors with a 45 minute, guided hike to scenic Council Overhang and Ottawa Canyon. Relax on a Starved Rock trolley ride and enjoy lunch off a special menu in the restaurant.
- Runs in October
- Limited Saturdays & Tuesdays at 9:30am & 11am
- $38 per adult, $32 children 10 and under
A fright night filled with ghost stories and eerie tales of hauntings and sightings is what you’ll enjoy if you book one of Starved Rock Lodge’s upcoming Ghost Tours. Choose any Friday, Saturday or Sunday night in October and get ready to experience a spooky adventure. Board the trolley you’ll be escorted by a costumed guide to some local destinations known for their occult aura. Tickets are $30 per person. The tour last about 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Reservations are required and space is limited. Call (815) 220-7386 or book online at www.starvedrocklodge.com. This tour was created by Follies Production & Events. Tour is not recommended for children 8 years and younger.
- Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays beginning October 13
- 6 pm – 8 pm & 8 pm – 10 pm
- $30 per person
Winter Wildlife Trolley Tour
Join us for a narrated trolley ride to see our winter wildlife in their natural habitat! Tour will depart from the Lodge and take you on a tour through Buffalo Rock State Park to visit our resident Bison. Then we will travel to the IL Waterway Visitors Center observation deck to see if we can spot an Eagle or two. We will also travel to some other areas that are known for Bald Eagle sightings! The trolley will be narrated with history and legends of the area and the park as well. Guests will receive a sack lunch as upon boarding the trolley. Lunch will include: turkey or veggie wrap, bag of chips, granola bar, piece of fruit and a bottle of water. No restrooms will be available on the tour.
- January – March
- Saturdays & Sundays
- 11 am – 1 pm & 1 pm – 3 pm
- $30 per person
Bald Eagle Trolley Tours
Tour begins with lunch at 11am, Tour ends at 2:30 pm.
Be mesmerized by the beautiful bald eagles at Starved Rock. Ride our trolley to the Illinois Waterway Visitor Center for eagle viewing and an educational program. Ticket price includes your selection from our trolley lunch menu and the tour. Dress warmly and bring your binoculars, spotting scopes, and cameras. For reservations call 815-220-7386.
- Runs in January & February
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
- Adults: $34; Children 10 and under: $25
Christmas Trolley Tour of Lights
Relax before the holidays on this illuminated tour just days before Christmas. Let our staff do the driving so you can enjoy some of the area’s most stunning holiday displays.
- This tour runs in December
- 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Adults: $25; Children 10 & under: $20