Trolley Tours Available Now
Relax and enjoy one of our various trolley tours! Trolley transportation is included with every tour. It’s the perfect way to learn about the rich history of the Starved Rock area. Reservations are required. Book online or call our Activities Office at (815) 220-7386.
Historic Trolley Tours
We are excited to announce that our Trolley Tours are available again! This will include a 90 minute trolley tour with stops at the Starved Rock State Park Visitors Center, the IL Waterway Visitor Center and through downtown Utica.
- Monday, Wednesday, Saturday at 3 pm
- April & May
- $15/adults, $12/seniors, $10/children 10 & under; children 3 and under are free
Waterfall & Canyon Trolley Tours
This tour includes hot lunch chosen from a special menu in our restaurant. Lunch will before or after the tour depending on the departure time. Guest will enjoy a short trolley ride to three trail entrances. From there, experience outdoor adventure with three 45- minute guided hikes to French, St. Louis and Ottawa Canyons.
This tour includes three 45-minute hikes that can be strenuous. This tour is not recommend for individuals with limited mobility.
- April & May
- Mondays & Wednesdays at 11am (tour begins with lunch; tour/hike follows from 12-3PM).
- Saturdays at 9am (tour is first followed by lunch in the Main Dining Room at noon
- Saturdays at 11am (tour begins with lunch; tour/hike follows from 12-3PM)
- $35 per person ($30 for children under 10. Children under 3 Free/lunch not included).
Winter Wildlife Trolley Tour
Join us for a narrated trolley ride to see our winter wildlife in their natural habitat! Tour will depart from the Lodge and take you on a tour through Buffalo Rock State Park to visit our resident Bison. Then we will travel to the IL Waterway Visitors Center observation deck to see if we can spot an Eagle or two. We will also travel to some other areas that are known for Bald Eagle sightings! The trolley will be narrated with history and legends of the area and the park as well. Guests will receive a sack lunch as upon boarding the trolley. Lunch will include: turkey or veggie wrap, bag of chips, granola bar, piece of fruit and a bottle of water. No restrooms will be available on the tour.
- January – March
- Saturdays & Sundays
- 11 am – 1 pm & 1 pm – 3 pm
- $30 per person
Bald Eagle Trolley Tours
Tour begins with lunch at 11am, Tour ends at 2:30 pm
Be mesmerized by the beautiful bald eagles at Starved Rock. Ride our trolley to the Illinois Waterway Visitor Center for eagle viewing and an educational program. Ticket price includes your selection from our trolley lunch menu and the tour. Dress warmly and bring your binoculars, spotting scopes, and cameras. For reservations call 815-220-7386.
- Runs in January & February
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
- Adults: $34; Children 10 and under: $25
Fall Color Trolley Tours
Experience the spectacular display of fall colors with a 45 minute, guided hike to scenic Council Overhang and Ottawa Canyon. Relax on a Starved Rock trolley ride and enjoy lunch off a special menu in the restaurant.
- Runs in October
- Saturdays & Mondays at 9:30am & 11am
- $35 per adult, $30 children 10 and under
Christmas Trolley Tour of Lights
Relax before the holidays on this illuminated tour just days before Christmas. Let our staff do the driving so you can enjoy some of the area’s most stunning holiday displays.
- This tour runs in December
- 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Adults: $25; Children 10 & under: $20