We are pleased to offer a select number of cabins to accommodate your dog! With an additional fee of $40 per dog, per night, you can have your best friend tag along while hiking through Starved Rock State Park. Please remember: a veterinarian certification of rabies vaccination is required.
Please call the reservation desk at (800) 868-7625 to make specific arrangements or to learn more about our dog-friendly accommodations.
Rules & Regulations
- Dogs will be allowed in the Pioneer Cabins with Two Queen Beds only.
- Dogs should not weigh more than 70 lbs. or two dogs with a combined weight of 70 lbs.
- At no time will dogs be allowed in the Main Lodge unless they are a registered/licensed assistance animal in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1991.
- Dogs are welcome on the outdoor Veranda – A “doggy menu” is available.
- Dogs are welcome on all trails and on Guided Hikes promoted by the Lodge but must be leashed at all times (see below).
- Dogs may not be left alone in a cabin for more than two hours at a time, and owners should not leave them alone at all if they will create a disturbance. If your dog presents a chronic disturbance issue, we may require that they board at a local kennel during your stay.
- Dogs left in the cabin should be securely crated.
- Dogs cannot be tied up or chained in the cabin yard or on the porch.
- Dogs must be restrained in public areas at all times on a sturdy leash not to exceed ten (10) feet in length and in accordance with general park pet rules.
- Dogs must be current on vaccinations and in good health. A veterinarian certification of rabies vaccination is required.
- Guests must clean up after their dog(s) including the yard around the cabin.
- Dog food cannot be kept outside as this could attract unwanted wildlife. Food must be stored in a sealable container.
- All dog owners must sign a pet policy liability form upon check-in for cabins.